Tetenal UK is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Tetenal UK may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Wherever possible we will collect data which is not classed as personally identifiable such as that which is related to a business rather than a named individual.
Based on the GDPR 2018 regulations Tetenal have a legal basis on which to process data.
• Processing and using data to pursue a legitimate interest based on previous business transactions.
• You have provided contact information and given consent
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
• payment details – these are not stored
Some of this information, specifically pertaining to your website visit, will be collected by cookies. For more information on cookies and the type of cookies we use to collect this data, please see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
Wherever possible, we try to limit our communications to that which is relevant to you as an individual and in particular, the area of any business you work in. For example, account information only to those who deal with the accounts part of your business. This is why we may ask for the contact details of various people within your organisation. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping and the requirements of HMRC.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the details which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research and customer service purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We do not share your information with any other business unless it is required to facilitate the delivery of products you have ordered from us.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form there may sometimes be options on what type of marketing information you would like to receive from us
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless (as previously mentioned) it is to facilitate the delivery of your purchased goods or in cases where we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under GDPR Act 2018. A small fee may be payable. You may request details of the information by completing an online form which you can find here.
Upon completion you can e-mail it back to us at email@example.com or by post to:
Data Control Team
2 Meridian West
Meridian Business Park
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Brief statements on how data is collected, stored, and used by individual areas of our business can be found by clicking here.